Most users normally would find the System5 shortcut on the desktop but for faster process, some users pin the System5 on to the taskbar.
Now, on the latest Windows operating system, Windows 11, there is a know issue wherein it will sometime fail to display the app icon on the taskbar.
You will sometimes see an empty space on the taskbar area and when you point your mouse to it, it will say the name of the app. In this case, System 5.
The first troubleshooting step to do here would be to restart the computer itself to refresh and release all the used resources.
However, if after restarting the computer and the icon is still missing, here are some steps you can follow to fix the issue.
Restart File Explorer in the Task Manager
- Press Windows + E to launch File Explorer
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch task manager.
- Click on the File Explorer in Task Manager and click Restart.
Logout of your account and uninstall recent windows updates
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on Log Out.Then log back in. This should fix the icons issue. But if the issue persists, uninstall recently installed updates if the problem started happening after the recent windows update.
- Open Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features
- Click on Uninstall a Program
- Click on View installed updates and select the most recent updates
- Restart your computer.