46: Access to the requested file is denied
The MicroKernel returns this status code for the following reasons:
- The application opened a file in Read-only mode and tried to perform a Write operation on that file.
- The application attempted to perform a Write operation on a file that is flagged read-only by the operating system.
- When the application opened the file, it did not correctly specify the owner name required for updates.
- (Workgroup engine only) If a Workgroup engine user or task opens a file that a client machine has opened using a server MicroKernel, the MicroKernel returns this status code if the Workgroup engine user attempts to write to the file.
- (9.x and higher engines only) The application attempted to perform a Write operation on a 5.x format file. When using a 9.x or higher engine, you cannot perform a write operation such as insert or delete on a 5.x format file.
Peer To Peer Network Solution
In a Peer to Peer network environment, this is usually a very quick fix.
- Shut down all computers.
- Now power up the computer that has the System Five data on it.
- Log into System Five, to ensure that it is able to run on that PC. Leave it logged in.
- Now log on to each remaining computer one at a time, and log into System Five on each.
They should all be able to log in now without any issues