A non stock inventory item (a part in an I type category) is posting a Non Zero next cost.
No sales or receivings should be performed against the inventory item being adjusted until the corrective steps have been completed.
- Open the inventory record for the item in question
- Change the category number of the item to a Normal stock control category number (This is an N type category)
- Click OK to save this change.
- Open the inventory record for the part again
- Go to the Cost and stock levels tab
- Add a manual adjustment for 1 quantity at zero landed cost.
- Change the category number back to the original non stock category number.
The part will now post with a zero landed cost on any subsequent sales.