Below are shortcut keys for System Five and Windows. Other shortcut keys are available and are displayed in the System Fives menus or as a pop-up hint when hovering over.
System Five Shortcut Keys
- F1 Opens Documentation (context sensitive Help)
- F2 In a date field, opens a pop-up calendar
- Shift-Page up/Page down Scroll through Cust/Supp/Inv records when editing
- Ctrl-Page up/Page down Scroll through tabs/pages on Cust/Supp/Inv/PO’s
- Alt-L Opens Label printing menu from Cust/Supp/Inv record
- Alt-V Opens the Navigator Menu for Cust/Supp/Inv record
- Ctrl-F2 Begin a new Sale
- Ctrl-F3 Begin a new Quick Cash sale
- Ctrl-E Opens the Find Invoice window (Edit Invoice)
- Ctrl-I Opens the Part Find window (Edit Inventory)
- Ctrl-N Opens the Add New Part window (Add new Inventory)
- Alt + letter Activates the Button, Menu or Tab containing the underlined letter.
- Example: Exit = press Alt-X to exit
While Creating Invoices
- F2 Opens the Customer page
- F4 Opens the Items page (for adding inventory items to the invoice)
- F3 Opens the Options Menu
- F6/F10 Record Payment (F6 for charge sale, F10 for cash sale)
- F7 Opens the Back Orders page
- F8 Opens the Invoice Comment page (Add comment)
- F12 Begin creating an invoice layer (Add a Layer)
Quick cash shortcut keys
The use of a macro keyboard can speed the entry of an invoice. The following keystroke shortcuts can be placed on a programmable keypad for this purpose.
- Ctrl+Shift+P toggles PST on and off on the current item.
- Ctrl+Shift+G toggles GST on and off on the current item.
- Ctrl+Shift+R toggles return of current item.
- Ctrl+Shift+X to log out.
- Ctrl+Shift+L displays change price dialog for changing the price of the current item.
To re-arrange the lines of an Invoice you can use the keyboard shortcut key combinations as follows:
- Ctrl+C to Copy a line.
- Ctrl+V to Paste a line.
- Ctrl+X to Cut a line.
Use the Windows Key (Win) which is located in the lower right-hand side of your keyboard.
- Win + Pause = System Properties
- Win + D = Show Desktop
- Win + M = Minimize all windows
- Win + E = Launch Win Explorer (@ My Computer),
- Win + R = Run Command
- Win + L = Lock the screen
- Win + X = Open Windows Mobility Center
- Win + T = Shift through the windows list in task bar (Win7)
- Win + P = Change display output between Computer and Projector
- Win + B = Let you select items in the task bar’s tray
- Ctrl + Esc = Start Menu (for those who use old keyboard)
- Ctrl + Shift + Esc = Show Task Manager
- Win + Shift + M = Maximize all windows
- Alt + Spacebar + X = Maximize window
- Alt + Spacebar + N = Minimize window
- Alt + Spacebar + R = Restore
- Alt + Tab = Shift between Windows (this one is trivial, but do you know that Alt + Shift + Tab = Shift between Windows in reverse order ?)
- Ctrl+ Shift + F10 = Shows Context Menu (Mouse Right Click Effect)
- Application Specific (generally): Ctrl + S = Save, F3/Ctrl + F = Find
- Desktop/Win Explorer: F2 = Rename File, F3/Win + S = Launch Search
- See also MS Windows shortcut keys