This article lists 6 ways on how to safeguard your PC online.
- Install an antivirus software program on your computer
- Be suspicious of any e-mail attachments that you receive from unknown sources. E-mail is the main source of viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- Be suspicious of downloads sent to you via chat applications (such as MSN Messenger or AIM)
- Be picky about where you download files from on the Internet; many virus and worm writers use free software to disguise malicious applications
- Make sure that your PC has all the latest patches and updates installed (if you run Windows, visit the Windows Update site to install all the patches your operating system needs)
- Scan all discs and downloads for viruses before running them.