The following article will go over some troubleshooting steps involving the Verifone VX 810 PIN pad.
Packet error from PIN pad
Verify that you have the correct dsiEMVClientX.ocx that matches the datacap Netepay Host.
|Netepay Server||Netepay client||PIN pad|
|Mercury Canadian Host EMV - MRH 5.06.11||DSIEMVClientX® 1.26||vx820 XPI version 12.07.05|
|Mercury Canadian Host EMV - MRH 5.06.10||DSIEMVClientX® 1.26||vx820 XPI version 12.07.05|
|Mercury Canadian Host EMV - MRH 5.05.06||DSIEMVClientX® 1.20||vx810|
|Mercury Canadian Host EMV - MRH 5.05.05||DSIEMVClientX® 1.09||vx810|
|Paymentech Canadian Host EMV - PNH 5.06.10||DSIEMVClientX® 1.27||vx820 XPI version 12.08.16|
|Paymentech Canadian Host EMV - PNH 5.03||DSIEMVClientX® 1.09||vx810|
|Moneris Canadian Host EMV - MSH 5.06.10||DSIEMVClientX® 1.09||vx810|
|Moneris Canadian Host EMV POSPAD - MSH 5.07.20||DSIEMVClientX® 1.30||ipp320|
Verify the correct PIN pad ID
If you receive a Packet error from PIN pad when performing a debit card transaction. This error typically means that the PIN pad ID is incorrect. To check the PIN pad id:
1. Go to Setup Wizard > Credit/Debit Verification > Mercury Payments > Credit Cards.
- Verify in the PIN pad ID field, that there is a PIN pad ID.
- Verify PIN pad ID is correct. Check this in Real Windward > Customer Record > Documents, and verify the PIN pad ID is correct in Mercury Payments PDF.
- If you cannot complete the previous step, ask the customer for the GP (Global Payments) SN (Serial Number) from the device. ie: VBF####.
- Call Global Payment Systems Canada, and give them the Global Payments Serial number to verify the PIN pad ID.
If you experience an Error Transaction not complete - MAC Error when performing a key change. This error usually means that the PIN pad cannot reset it's pin because of a PIN pad ID/ Serial # issue. To verify the PIN pad ID / Serial #, please refer to the packet error from PIN pad issue above..
Once you have verified the PIN pad ID, complete the following steps:
1. Navigate to Setup Wizard > Credit/Debit Verification > Mercury Payments > Credit Cards.
- Select Pin Key Change, or Pin Key Reset. This should result in a Success message.
- Complete two debit transactions. The first transaction will be declined due to the PIN pad sequence numbers out of sync. The second transaction should show up as approved.
If the PIN pads are replacements, ensure that the payment processor has de-activated the old PIN pads, and activated the new ones. If currently using the PIN pads that are to be replaced, then it is likely that the new PIN pads are not active yet.
Paymentech Canada 499 invalid MAC Error
If you are getting this error when processing Debit transactions you need to update datacap client and server
- Update netepay client DSIEMVClientX™ 1.27 with the latest release version dated 9/10/20 on all workstations.
- Perform a Key Change and Parameter Download on all pinpads.
Invalid Sequence Number
- Press the reset sequence Number button in the pinpad setup.