You need to do two things to be able to email from System Five through Outlook.com
1 - Enable POP Access in Outlook.com
Outlook.com disables POP access by default for so the first step is to enable it.
1. Log in to your Outlook.com account.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Select View All Outlook Settings.
4. Select Mail > Sync Email.
5. Scroll to the POP and IMAP section.
6. Under Pop options, select Yes.
7. Select Let apps and devices delete messages from Outlook if you want to avoid using Outlook.com to delete the emails permanently.
8. Select Save.
9. Close the Settings window.
2 - Configure Email Settings in System Five for all users.
Open System Five.
Open the Setup Wizard.
Open Users and Security.
Open Names and Passwords.
Select the user you want to setup and click Edit User.
Click on the internet tab and enter the following information.
- Real Name = The name you want to be displayed in the email.
- Return Address = Your full outlook.com email address.
- Mail Server (Incoming) = pop-mail.outlook.com:995
(This is the POP server name and port number. This is optional since System Five only sends emails. It doesn't receive them).
- Login Name = Your full email address is required to log into the outlook.com mail servers.
- SMTP Server (Outgoing) = smtp-mail.outlook.com:587
(This is the SMTP server name and port number).
- Enter your password for Outlook.com in the Password field, and enter it again in the Confirm field.
- Use SMTP Authentication. Put a check mark in the Check box.
- Use SSL. Put a check mark in the Check box.
Click the OK button to save the settings and exit.
This must be done for all users that need to be able to email from System Five through outlook.com.
In most cases the users would have their own email addresses, but you could also set this up with a company account and in that case you would setup all users in System Five with the same email information.
Outlook.com POP Server Settings
The Outlook.com POP server settings for downloading new incoming messages to an email program, cell phone, or mobile device are:
- Outlook.com POP server address pop-mail.outlook.com
- Outlook.com POP username Complete Outlook.com email address (not an alias)
- Outlook.com POP password Outlook.com password
- Outlook.com POP port 995
- Outlook.com POP encryption method TLS
- Outlook.com POP TLS/SSL encryption required Yes
- SMTP server name smtp-mail.outlook.com
- SMTP port 587
- SMTP encryption method STARTTLS