Because System Five is a 32-bit application, it is recommended that the 32-bit version of Outlook be installed so that it will use the 32-bit Mapi (Messaging Application Program Interface).
If outlook is already installed, you can find out which version it is by clicking on File, Office Account and About Outlook.
Alternately, if Outlook is running, you can open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, and in the Apps column you will see Microsoft Outlook and whether it is 32 or 64 bit.
Once Outlook has been installed, you will need to confirm that it is the default email program in Windows.
- open Control Panel
- Click on Default Programs
- Click Set Your Default programs
- check that under the Email Icon it says Outlook. If it doesn't you will need to click on the mail icon and change it to Outlook.
In the setup wizard in System Five, you will need to open each user's profile and click on the internet tab, and the settings will be set to
- Email through your email client
- Connect to Outlook via OLE Automation.
No other settings are required for this screen.
Close and restart System Five.