Before purging inventory, it is recommended that you first create a backup of your system. Click here to view the steps to create a backup: https://support.windwardsoftware.com/a/solutions/articles/66000483356
1. Make another backup of the system.
2. Go to Reports > Design Inventory Reports
3. In the yellow box, type a new report name, called Delete Inventory.
4. Click on Columns.
5. Double click on the following words in the Available column: a. Category b. Part Number c. Supplier
6. Click View
7. Right click on the screen, click Export to, then Export to Microsoft Excel.
8. Navigate to a folder on your computer then call the file, Delete System Five Inventory. Save it.
9. The excel file should open automatically, if not, go open it.
10. Change the supplier name in the supplier column to Delete, not the header but the actual rows. Every single row needs to have the name Delete.
11. Save the file once, then click Save As and save it again as a CSV file.
12. Close the file.
13. Go back to System Five, Click on Setup Tools > Configuration > Data Load > Part Load
14. Click from File, find your file and double click it or click open
15. Then click Next on the System Five screen
16. Right click on each field and make the category field Category, the Part Number Field as Part Number and the Supplier Field as Supplier Name.
17. Click Next, then check the following checkboxes: a. Skip Header Row b. Update existing Regular Parts and load others into Virtual Warehouse c. Click Next, Next then Load
18. Next go to Setup > Utilities > Toolbox. Click Ok regarding the backup, then click Yes, regarding the Question, Did you back up your data.
19. Click on Inventory Routines > Adjusting Routines then click Delete Inventory
20. Type in the name Delete, then click Delete Inventory then click Ok.
21. That should delete all of your Inventory. If any have not deleted that is because they are tied to an invoice. If that is the case, you will need to make sure all invoices are empty, meaning delete the products off the invoice, change the customer name on the invoice from the current name to Coast Lighting, then void the payment, then void the invoice.
1. Go to System Five, then Reports
2. Print Customer/Supplier Reports
3. Click on Mailing List
4. Change the Customer/Supplier field to Supplier
5. Click on subtab, Lookup Words, then towards the bottom, click the subtab, Add Lookup Word a. Add the lookup word ‘Delete’ in the Add box. Then click Add
6. Then click View, then click Yes on the box that pops up regarding the making of mass updates to the data in the system.
7. You have now added a lookup word to the data in the system.
8. Next go to Setup > Utilities > Toolbox. Click Ok regarding the backup, then click Yes, regarding the Question, Did you back up your data.
9. Click on the drop down menu, Customer/Supplier Routines, then click Delete Customers/Suppliers
10. Double click in the Lookup word box and click on Delete then click the right arrow to move it to the Attached Words box. Then click OK
11. Then Click Delete Accounts by Lookup Word.
12. That should delete all of your Vendors. If any have not deleted that is because they are tied to an invoice. If that is the case, you will need to make sure all invoices are empty, meaning delete the products off the invoice, change the customer name on the invoice from the current name to Coast Lighting, then void the payment, then void the invoice.
Purge Customers, follow all the steps, outlined above, but where it says, Supplier, replace with Customer.