Enable exempt flags (Ex. CPP Exempt and EI Exempt)
- Open the employee record and go to Employment Details tab to set the exempt flags
- Turn on flags for CPP Exempt and EI Exempt
Print T4 - STMT REMUNERATION form
- CPP and EI boxes must contain “X” marks signifying that the employee is CPP and EI exempt while the other box is empty.
Generate T4 STMT OF REMUNERATION PAID XML EXPORT
- Ensure to provide the following details in the T4 Statement of Remuneration Paid Summary XML Export screen, otherwise, XML file won’t be generated properly.
- Select proper Tax Year (Ex. 2014)
- Provide Principal Owner SIN#
- Provide Unique Reference – this is user-defined numbers, i.e., any numbers will do
- Provide the Transmitter Number – this is provided by CRA
- Define the File Location, i.e., where do you want to save the file
- Enable Validate XML Export
- Click Generate XML to generate the file. It should be successfully generated without errors.