Using System Five Tire Levy Feature
Setup and Usage for Tire Levy, Tire Sales & Units with Tires.
Setting up the Setup Wizard Options – Tire Levy
Step 1. Set up the Tax # 3 to the appropriate levy values.
1. Click on the Tax 3 Tab and click to Add a New Tax Line
2. Click to Add the Effective Date this Levy will take effect
3. Enter the Name TIRE LEVY
4. Enter the PER TIRE Levy, eg. $5.00
5. Enter the General Ledger Number that will accrue the levied charges, Note that the Ledger 2 is not usually necessary as there are no credits from the supplier.
6. Enter the F for a Fixed Charge per Sales Unit
7. Click to enter if this levy is Taxed and enter the Check Boxes as necessary
8. Enter Y or N as to whether a Tax is Included or Not Included on this Levy
Setting the Tire Levy on a Single Tire Part Record
Step 2. Settings for the Part # or SKU of a Single Tire
1. Select the Taxes tab
2. Check the Tire Levy $5.00 check box to enable this Part/SKU
3. Now, when you Sell this Tire, the Tire Levy will be added.
Step 3. The Tire Tax on Invoice
Setting the Tire Levy on a Unit Record
Step 2. Set the # of Tires that will be subject to a Tire Levy 1. Click on the Tire Levy line
2. Enter the # of Tires on this unit
Displaying and Printing the Levy Collected in the Tax Zone Report
1. Set the options from the Date Range list dropdown Selection of Periods to include
2. Check the Cash Invoices and A/R Invoices check boxes.
3. Check the Tire Levy option by clicking on the x to change it to a +
4. Check the box to display Subtype names
5. Check to display ALL Subtypes, or optionally the ones below
6. Click View to show the report