The Invoice Free-Form column feature improves the ease of use and tracking of customer’s purchases by allowing the user to add free-form columns on the invoice grid, that will hold necessary information of the purchased item. These columns can contain any type of information such as Color, Code or Room, etc. Moreover, the added free-form columns in the invoice are viewable within the customer record’s Purchase History and the Invoice Report.
Enabling the Feature
- Go to Setup Wizard under Setup Tools
- Select Miscellaneous
- Drop-down the Comments option
- Select Freeform Data Entry
- Figure 1 shows the window where you will initially setup the invoice free-form columns.
- Start adding a column by clicking the Add button
- Figure 2 shows the window that would open after clicking the Add button. In this example, a column “Color” is added. This is done by doing the following steps:
- Close the Setup Wizard window
Renaming the Headers
- Edit an Invoice
- Right-click on an Item Line
- The Line Freeform Comment window would pop-up. Do the following as shown in Figure 6:
Figure 6. Invoice Line Freeform Comments Window
- Click on the Define Headings button
- Type in the Header names on the Header column. “Un-click” the Define Headings button after.
- You may select from here the Key/Value of each header for this Invoice Line Item. Click OK.
Adding the Invoice Free-form Columns on the Invoice Grid
In order for the free-form columns to show in the invoice, the user must do the following steps:
- Right-click on the Invoice Grid
- Click Customize
- Click OK
The three columns should now be showing in the Invoice Grid and the Keys/values can now be selected by clicking on each cell under each column as shown in Figure 9 below.
Figure 9. Selecting Key/value in the Invoice Items Tab
Viewing the Added Free-form Columns
The additional columns are added by simply customizing grids and showing them as columns (right-click on the grid > click Customize). Additional Columns, Invoice Item Free-form 1-3, are added and viewed on: