Please see the instructions below for the VX820 running XPI 12.XX
1) At the idle prompt (Welcome screen) press both the “7” and Enter/green keys simultaneously. The terminal manager, entry screen should now be displayed.
2) Enter the password “166831” (or “167349” for some devices) and press the Enter/green key.
3) Press the “2” key to select “Edit Parameters”.
4) Press the Enter/green key to select “Group ID 1” which should be displayed.
5) Enter the password “166831” (or “167349” for some devices) and press the Enter/green key.
6) Press the Enter/green key to select “CONFIG.SYS” which should be displayed.
7) Use the up and down arrow on the bottom left hand side of the touchscreen to scroll through the list of parameters until you find a parameter named “SACOM”.
a. If using a USB interface cable the value should be “USB”.
b. If using a serial interface cable the value should be “COM1”.
8) If the value does not match the installed cabling press the “3” key to select it for editing, then use the Correct/yellow key to delete the value and type the correct one as listed above the press the Enter/green key.
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 to ensure the “SABAUD” parameter exists and is set to “9600”.
10) Press the Cancel/red key to return to the terminal manager screen, then press 1 to restart the VX820.