Symbol STB4278 Cradle with LS4278 Scanner
We have tested it with the programming sheets for the LS2208 and the following instructions will work to program it.
To program the scanner to accept both an STX prefix and Carriage Return suffix
1) Scan the Scan options Barcode
2) Scan the Prefix / Data / Suffix Barcode and then scan the Enter Barcode
3) Scan the STX Prefix barcode based on ASCII Value 1002
4) Now Scan the Barcodes in the order of 1002
Alternative Legacy STX
Use this alternate programming method to add STX Prefix, Carriage Return Suffix, and remove the Check Digit.
To test that the STX Prefix (Ctrl+B) has been programmed successfully, Drop to a command prompt and scan a barcode (NOT one of the ones from the programming sheets)
You should see something like this:
What you are looking for is that the scanner scanned a ^B before the barcode and it translates to a little smiley face character on the next line. If this is what you see, you have correctly programmed the barcode scanner.
If you are running Windows 10 and still do not get the ^B character, you will need to run the command prompt as an administrator on the local workstation, and on the remote session, then check the properties of the command prompt.
- Click Search or right click on the Windows button on the task bar and select Search.
- Type cmd. Command Prompt should show at the top of the search window.
- Right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- Right click on the top of the command prompt window where it says Administrator: Command Prompt, and select Properties.
- On the bottom of the Command Prompt Properties window, check the checkbox that says Use legacy console (requires relaunch).
- Click OK and then close the command prompt window.
- Relaunch the command prompt and scan a barcode. You should now see the ^B
Created by Steve Wind May 5 2020