This will work in both the On-Premises version of System Five and in the System Five On Cloud environment.
You will need to have a functional Google Gmail account before you set this up. If you don't have one you can get one here.
Create Your Gmail Account
To enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- Click Settings in the dropdown.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “POP download” section, select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
System Five Setup
- Open System Five.
- Open the Setup Wizard.
- Click on Users.
- Double click on the user account you want to set up the email for (In my demo I just used the Demo user).
- Click on the Internet tab, and configure System Five with the settings as shown.
- Email Options should be set to Email Directly.
- Real Name will be the real name of the user. eg Mary Smith, Joe Blow, John Smith.
- Return address will be the user's full Gmail address
- Mail Server (Incoming) will be pop.gmail.com:995
- Login Name will again be the user's full email address.
- SMTP Server (Outgoing) will be smtp.gmail.com:587 (Gmail recommends either Port: 465 or 587) .
- Password will be the password for the user's Gmail account.
- Confirm is again the user's Gmail account.
- Use SMTP Aut6hentication must be checked.
- Use SSL must be checked.
Additional Gmail Links
If you get an error saying invalid credentials, check that you have entered your password correctly in the email settings of System Five.
If you are getting SSL Timeouts or SSL Authentication errors, two things may be causing the issue.
1. you can try setting the Incoming POP port from :995 to :465 and the Outgoing SMTP Server to :587.
2. Verify that your Gmail account allows “Less Secure” email programs to access Gmail.
- To do this, sign into Gmail through your web browser.
- Click your photo, avatar or outline near Gmail's top right corner.
- Click Manage Your Google Account.
- Click Security on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down till you see Less Secure App Access.
- click on “Turn on access (not recommended)”.
- Click the little slide switch next to “Allow Less Secure Apps: Off”.
- The little slide switch will move to the right and change color.
- You can now close the browser tab.
Select Sign-in & security.
Make sure Allow less secure apps is On.
Other Email Setups and Configuration
The following video will show the configuration settings and method for generated invoices in the PDF format and sending by email.